PDF Mix Tool
Table of contents
PDF Mix Tool is a simple and lightweight application that allows you to perform common editing operations on PDF files.
Base operations it can perform are the following:
- Merge two or more files specifying a page set for each of them
- Rotate pages
- Composite more pages onto a single one (N-up)
- Combinations of all of the above
Besides, it can also mix files alternating their pages, generate booklets, add white pages to a PDF file, delete pages from a PDF file, extract pages from a PDF file, edit the PDF document information.
It is written in C++ and depends only on Qt (version 5 or 6) and qpdf.
PDF Mix Tool is a free software distributed under the terms of the GNU GPLv3 license.
Other information about PDF Mix Tool can be found on the GitLab page of the project.
PDF Mix Tool can be installed from the official repositories of these distributions:
If your distribution is not in the list above, you can try one of the following methods.
Installing from source
You can download the source archives of each release here.
To install PDF Mix Tool on a generic GNU/Linux system download the source archive of the latest release, decompress it and run the following commands inside the “pdfmixtool-x.x” directory:
cmake .. -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release
sudo make install
Install from Flathub or Snap Store
WARNING: these packages could be out of date and/or not fully working.
Select the operation you want to perform from the list on the left side of the application.
In the “Merge files” tab:
- Add PDF files clicking on the “Add PDF file” button
- Double-click on the entry of a file to edit its properties:
- Set page filters using the format “1-5, 7-10, 15, 19” or “1-5 7-10 15 19”. Leave the field blank to include the entire file. You can use overlapping intervals, pages will be replicated.
- Set multipage profile for each file. You can use this option to compose pages (N-up) or to add margins to pages.
- Set pages rotation for each file
- Set the outline entry (table of contents entry) for each file
- You can add the same file more times
- Generate the output file clicking on the “Generate PDF” button and selecting the destination file
In this section you can find some screenshots of PDF Mix Tool while executing some common tasks.